A very common problem many women face when they get older is the concern about dressing inappropriately for their age – or, “mutton dressed up as lamb”.
Many women end up looking frumpy and 10 to 20 years older because they dress too old for their age and lifestyle just so they don’t appear to dress too young, what they don’t realise is that it ages them even more.
Some hints to help with avoiding looking like mutton dressed up as lamb are:
- Avoid showing too much skin
- Avoid too much cleavage, unless of course you have a wrinkle free décolletage and a properly fitted bra
- Also, make sure your hem is not way past the bottom of your knees as this can appear frumpy, unless you have very long legs, and will look best worn with heels.
- If you prefer to wear flats, make sure your hem is no longer than the bottom of your knees, as this can also appear frumpy.
- Always choose fits that flatter your body type.
- Avoid choosing outfits that are too tight or too loose.
- Large, over sized clothing does not bring out the beauty in a woman.
- An overly tight-fitting garment certainly does not give anyone the elegant look.
- If you are the kind who simply loves to wear attractive kinds of women’s clothing then you can go in for a long, fitting skirt with a side slit, worn best with a heel.