Mature Age Dressing
A gracefully ageing woman is incredibly beautiful and the experience she has, makes her beauty shine.
As we grow older we are still beautiful, it’s just a different beauty than when we are in our twenties and thirties.
We understand that beauty in a child is different than a teenager, however once we reach our twenties, thirties and beyond, we don’t realise that we have a different beauty, when we learn to accept the changes in our appearance through ageing, we can start to be happy with ourselves when we look in the mirror.
A gracefully ageing woman can be beautiful, and her experiences in life will make her beauty shine, however, she needs to be re- educated on what is complementary to her new beauty.
We don’t want to look like grannies nor mutton dressed as lamb.
The same principles that we had as younger women, using colours, body proportion, camouflaging or illusion dressing and dressing to suit your personality and lifestyle need to be addressed.
There are other things that we need to be aware as we age, and at ReDress Your Life we show you how do dress , wear your hair and apply make-up, in the most flattering way, that you will love and feel confident in.
I would love to share with some of my top points of what NOT to do to age gracefully
- Have a glasses chain attached to your glasses or granny half glasses. (An exception, of course if you are on a boat and are likely to lose your glasses or sunnies over the side, having a chain is a darn sight cheaper than replacing your glasses)
- Long straight hair parted down the middle, with a fringe and roots needing a long overdue touch up
- Boobs hanging too low, and not wearing a properly fitted supportive bra, did you know that wearing a properly fitted bra can drop you a full dress size?
- Grey hair showing through your eyebrows or not shaping them,
- Wearing your foundation either too thick, the wrong colour or foundation lines half way down your neck
- Wearing pants that are wider at the top of the leg than at the ankle.
- Not looking after your hands and nails
- Wearing comfortable shoes that are without style, nanna shoes. (you can have comfort and style)
- If your lips are narrow, wearing dark lipstick that bleeds everywhere, try some LipSense by SeneGence lipstick that stays on without bleeding for 4 – 18 hours (PS! Yes I sell this product, and I love it, not to be a sales pitch, but if you want to try it, send me a message and I will get in touch to see if I can help you with this, once you try it, you will want to buy it,)